Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pastel Still Life

What we had to do for this project was to create a still life portrait using pastels. Pastels were pretty difficult for me to use, especially blending and making sure everything is in the right place. I think this project was successful in the sense that I had not used pastels since elementary school. But if you look at how well the portrait is done overall, its not that great.


What worked about the project was way I blended the green bottle and how the flowers came out. what didn't work about this project was that the white lamp turned out crooked and there wasn't much I could do to fix it. If I had to do this project over again, I would plan out the layout of the items more before using the pastels. The most difficult thing about this project was blending and fixing any mistakes that you would make using the pastels. What I learned from this project was how to properly use pastels and also the importance of using many colors in one item and also how to highlight.


I had a fun time doing this project and I'll try using pastels better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment