Friday, February 17, 2012

Skittle Picture Part 1

Over the past week, we started our skittle project. First we took pictures of ourselves, then used photoshop to re-color and pixelated them. We printed them out and counted each pixel; one pixel equaling one skittle. We cut out an appropriate sized piece of cardboard, and glue each skittle row by row. For most people this project is taking forever. At this point my project is about 3/4 done, and that's with two weeks of work, and my picture is also smaller than most of the others.

 

Below is  a picture of my project about half way done.



This is a project that I really can't say anything about until it is finished...right now I'm kind of scared because I don't think it looks right, but maybe the final product will surprise me. I have mixed feelings about this project. The good things are that it involves skittle, so I can eat candy during class, and also the idea is really neat and creative and could look really cool if done correctly. The bad thing is that this project is very time consuming and costly depending on how many skittles you use.


Look forward to Part 2 when my project is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment