Thursday, February 9, 2012

Value Portraits

Over the last week and throughout this week we drew portraits of fellow classmates. We started by taking pictures of everyone, printed them out in black and white, then we swapped pictures. First what we did was trace the shadows' shapes onto a piece of tracing paper. Then we transferred the shapes into our sketch book and then shaded.




These are pictures of my (almost) final portrait. I'm not very happy with it, but I think it is decent. The hardest part was the hair. Just my luck to get a person with super curly hair. The outline of the hair is okay, but as you can see, the highlights are awful, so it doesn't look very curly. Another part I had trouble with was the nose. The shape was difficult for me and I kept shading in the wrong places. I erased and redid the nose so many times, but it still didn't look right, so I ended up just letting it be. What I'm most proud of with my project is the shading on the face, neck, and eyes. the eyes themselves are a bit crooked, but I shaded them pretty well. I am glad we did this project; I have never been good at shading and never really knew how to until this class. Because of this project I think my artwork will greatly improve and look more realistic.



This is a picture someone did of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment