Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monsters

This project is probably one of my favorites so far. What we did was take drawings of monsters made by kindergartners and bring them to life, sculpting them from clay. First I chose a monster, than drew what I interpreted it to look like. Then I sculpted the monster out of clay and painted it. Lastly, we hot glued it into a "toy" package to send back to the kindergartners.



I think that my monster was a success. There were no problems and I sculpted pretty well, even though I am usually not very handy with clay. Everything worked with this project, the only thing that didn't was that we had to find a deeper container because my monster was slightly to big. The only changes I would make to my monster would be to make it a bit smaller. The part that was most difficult was attaching the smaller parts of the monster in a way that they would not break off while in the kiln. I learned more techniques in working with clay.


No comments:

Post a Comment