Friday, October 18, 2013

Paper Bags



During this project we explored using charcoal and creating values in our artwork. I decided to use charcoal for my paper bag because I felt that I could get darker values by using it. Value is important because is gives the viewer a sense of depth and reality. It makes a drawing pop rather than look flat. Using value with the paper bag drawing emphasizes the creases and folds present to make the drawing seem more realistic. The most difficult part of this project was shading the parts of the bag that were caved in instead of folded. There are also places where I could have gone darker. Overall this project was successful, it looks like a pretty decent paper bag, and I learned a lot about shading and charcoal in the process.   

No comments:

Post a Comment